Senior Living in Kunkletown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Kunkletown, PA: 18058
- Kunkletown scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Kunkletown scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Palmerton Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookmont Healthcare Center, The Getz Personal Care Home, and Wesley Enhanced Living at Chestnuthill Manor.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 83 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Mountain Golf Course, Hideaway Hills Golf Club, and Blue Ridge Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including The Woods Campground, Beltzville State Park, and Silver Valley Campsite.
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Towamensing Lutheran, Faith Alive United Methodist, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 37 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,456, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,361, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,347, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.81%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kunkletown receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Kunkletown has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Kunkletown has a sparse population density of 183.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kunkletown have a very long daily commute time.
- Kunkletown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.67%.