Senior Living in Kylertown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Kylertown, PA: 16847
- Kylertown scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Kylertown scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Windy Hill Village and Mountain Laurel Nursing Care )
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Philipsburg Country Club, Clearfield-Curwensville Country Club, and Toftrees Resort.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Black Moshannon State Park and Woodland Campground).
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including Nittany Line Hobbies & Toys, Jehovah\'s Witnesses, and Harmic Thomas L.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,963, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,750, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,506, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kylertown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Kylertown has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Kylertown has a sparse population density of 259.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kylertown have an average daily commute time.
- Kylertown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 65.14%.