Senior Living in Lackawaxen, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Lackawaxen, PA: 18435
- Lackawaxen scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Lackawaxen scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Twin Cedar\'s Senior Living, Belle Reve Senior Living, and Reve Belle Senior Living Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Cliff Park Inn & Golf Course, Lords Valley Country Club, and Woodloch Springs Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Kittatinny Campgrounds & Barryville Base, Camp Simcha, and Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including St Anthony\'s Church, St Ann\'s Church, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.65% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,654, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $28,750, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,249, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.91%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lackawaxen receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Lackawaxen has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Lackawaxen has a very sparse population density of 80.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lackawaxen have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Lackawaxen has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.