Senior Living in Lake Alfred, Florida
Top zip codes in Lake Alfred, FL: 33850
- Lake Alfred scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Lake Alfred scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Winter Haven Hospital, Heart Of Florida Regional Medical Center, and Heart Of Florida Reg Med Ctr.
- There are 59 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lake Alfred Assisted Living & Retirement, Southern Gardens, and Orchard Park Health and Rehabilitation.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 120 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 84 golf courses in or around the city, including Cypress Greens Golf & Tennis Community, Four Lakes Golf Club, and Lake Henry Course at Lake Henry Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Lake Myrtle Sports Park, Veterinary Healthcare Associates, and Cypress Gardens.
- There are 98 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, First United Methodist, and Inman Park Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 103 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.52% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,281, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $32,583, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,143, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,600 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $95,995 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.86%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lake Alfred receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Lake Alfred has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Lake Alfred has a sparse population density of 408.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lake Alfred have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Lake Alfred has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.60%.