Senior Living in Lake Winola, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Lake Winola, PA: 18625
- Lake Winola scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Lake Winola scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Tyler Hospital, Clarks Summit State Hospital, and Allied Servs Rehab Hospital.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Carl F Greenley Personal Care, Fatima Renewal Center, and Dotti Lou Personal Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 145 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (44% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Emanon Country Club, Shadowbrook Inn & Resort, and North Course at Country Club of Scranton, The.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Cozy Creek Family Campground, Lackawanna State Park, and McDade Park.
- There are 66 churches in or near the city, including St Mary Church of the Lake, United Methodist Church, and St Peter\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 60 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 62 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,542, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,167, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,128, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.91%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lake Winola receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Lake Winola has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Lake Winola has an average population density of 643.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lake Winola have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Lake Winola has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.95%.