Senior Living in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Lancaster scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Lancaster scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lancaster Regional Medical Center, Lancaster General Hospital, and Community Hosp Of Lancaster.
- There are 54 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Livingcenter - Lancaster, Country Meadows of Lancaster, and Calvary Fellowship Homes.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 231 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 64 golf courses in or around the city, including Overlook Golf Course, Olde Hickory Golf Course, and Dogwood/Highlands Course at Lancaster Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Longs Park, Lancaster County Central Park, and Old Mill Stream Campground.
- There are 251 churches in or near the city, including St Leo the Great Church, St John Neumann Catholic Chr, and Lancaster Church-the Brethren.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 173 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 89 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,442, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,934, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,819, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.06%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lancaster receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Lancaster has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Lancaster has a dense population density of 3,490.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lancaster have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Lancaster has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.53%.