Senior Living in Landisville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Landisville, PA: 17538
- Landisville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Landisville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lancaster Gen Hosp-susquehanna, Lancaster Regional Medical Center, and Heart Of Lancaster Regional Medical Center.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oak Leaf Manor, Magnolias of Lancaster, and Vineyard Personal Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 228 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 72 golf courses in or around the city, including Groff\'s Farm Golf Club, Overlook Golf Course, and Olde Hickory Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Longs Park, Lancaster County Central Park, and Wolf Sanctuary of PA.
- There are 246 churches in or near the city, including Church of God of Landisville, Zion Evangelical Lutheran Chr, and Landisville Mennonite Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 158 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 104 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,928, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $81,653, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,290, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.42%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Landisville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Landisville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Landisville has a dense population density of 1,575.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Landisville have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Landisville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.34%.