Senior Living in Lanham, Maryland
Top zip codes in Lanham, MD: 20706
- Lanham scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Lanham scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 21 hospitals within close range of the city, including Doctors\' Community Hospital, Gladys Spellman Spec Hosp, and Prince Georges Hospital Center.
- There are 261 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Angel Assisted Living, Miracle Hands Assisted Living, and Able Hands Health Care Services.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1097 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 103 golf courses in or around the city, including Glenn Dale Country Club, Paint Branch Golf Course, and University Of Maryland Golf Course.
- There are 35 parks near the city center, including Greenbelt Park, Baltimore Washington Parkway, and Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens.
- There are 1386 churches in or near the city, including New Song Bible Fellowship Chr, First Baptist Church-Glenarden, and Mt Calvary Baptist Church.
- There are 22 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 686 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 41 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 258 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,183, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,580, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,661, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.19%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lanham receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Lanham has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Lanham has a dense population density of 3,733.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lanham have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Lanham has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.58%.