Senior Living in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Lansdowne, PA: 19050
- Lansdowne scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Lansdowne scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 50 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, and Mercy Community Hospital.
- There are 213 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Manorcare Health Services - Yeadon, ManorCare Health Services at Mercy Fitzgerald, and St Francis Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1600 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 168 golf courses in or around the city, including McCall Field Golf Course, Cobb\'s Creek Golf Club -Olde, and Karakung Course at Cobb\'s Creek Golf Club.
- There are 31 parks near the city center, including Bartram\'s Garden, Clark Park, and John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum.
- There are 771 churches in or near the city, including Chapel of Good Shepherd, Immanuel Lutheran Church, and St Philomena Rc Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1123 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 42 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 439 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,641, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,856, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,887, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.33%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lansdowne receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Lansdowne has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Lansdowne has a dense population density of 7,620.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lansdowne have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Lansdowne has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.68%.