Senior Living in Laton, California
Top zip codes in Laton, CA: 93242
- Laton scores higher than the California average of 71.
- Laton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Selma Community Hospital, Naval Hospital, and Kingsburg Medical Center.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Remington, Hacienda Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, and Margie\'s Home For The Aged.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Selma Valley Golf Course, Kings River Golf & Country Club, and Kings Country Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Laton-Kingston Park, Freedom Park, and Lacey Park.
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima, First Baptist Church, and First Free Will Baptist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 77 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,504, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,760, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,984, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $88,695 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $7,475 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.00%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Laton receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Laton has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Laton has a very sparse population density of 84.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Laton have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Laton has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 68.75%.