Senior Living in Laurel, Maryland
- Laurel scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Laurel scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Laurel Regional Medical Center, Clifton T Perkins Hosp Center, and Adventist Rehab Hospital.
- There are 270 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cherry Lane Nursing Center, Morningstar Assisted Living, and Riderville.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 773 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 109 golf courses in or around the city, including Gunpowder Golf Club, Cross Creek Golf Club, and Patuxent Greens Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Dinosaur Park, Patuxent Research Refuge, and Baltimore Washington Parkway.
- There are 597 churches in or near the city, including Apostolic Church, Laurel Baptist Temple, and Mt Zion United Methodist Chr.
- There are 22 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 379 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 22 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 206 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.92% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $97,566, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $81,897, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,198, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.05%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Laurel receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Laurel has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Laurel has a dense population density of 2,217.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Laurel have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Laurel has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.88%.