Senior Living in Laveen, Arizona
Top zip codes in Laveen, AZ: 85339
- Laveen scores higher than the Arizona average of 70.
- Laveen scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Phoenix Memorial Health System).
- There are 75 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Parke at Laveen Meadows, Desert Garden Senior Living, and Gila River Indian Nursing Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 147 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (12% of residents).
- There are 131 golf courses in or around the city, including Championship Course at Aguila Golf Course, Harvest Course at Bougainvillea Golf Club, The, and Club West Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Cesar Chavez Park, South Mountain Park, and Estrella Mountain Regional Park.
- There are 65 churches in or near the city, including Laveen Baptist Church, First New Life Missionary Chr, and Spanish Church of God.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 120 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.15%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arizona has an average state income tax of 2.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,892, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,758, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,932, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $81,213 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,890 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.39%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Laveen receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Laveen has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Laveen has a sparse population density of 167.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Laveen have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Laveen has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.20%.