Senior Living in Lawrence, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Lawrence, PA: 15055
- Lawrence scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Lawrence scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mayview State Hospital, Southwood Psychiatric Hospital, and Canonsburg General Hospital.
- There are 88 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Friendship Village of South Hills, Country Meadows of South Hills of Pittsburgh, and Country Meadows of South Hills.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 345 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 99 golf courses in or around the city, including Hickory Heights Golf Club, Frosty Valley Golf Links, and Championship Course at Saint Clair Country Club.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Peterswood Park, North Strabane Township Park, and Scott Township Municipal Park.
- There are 192 churches in or near the city, including O\'Brien James, Zion Lutheran School, and St Barbara Rectory.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 184 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 16 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 143 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,305, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,182, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,409, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.96%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lawrence receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Lawrence has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Lawrence has a dense population density of 2,026.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lawrence have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Lawrence has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.39%.