Senior Living in Lawtons, New York
Top zip codes in Lawtons, NY: 14091
- Lawtons scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Lawtons scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Tlc Health Network, Lake Shore Hospital, and Bertrand Chaffee Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Absolut Care of Eden, Grand Meadows Senior Living, and Eden Heights.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Gowanda Country Club, Eden Valley Golf Course, and Springville Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Zoar Valley MUA).
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including First Congregational Church, Saint Frances Cabrinin Rc Chr, and St Marys Roman Catholic Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,898, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,488, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,251, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.06%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lawtons receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Lawtons has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Lawtons has a very sparse population density of 50.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lawtons have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Lawtons has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.49%.