Senior Living in Lebanon, Pennsylvania
- Lebanon scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Lebanon scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Lebanon Va Medical Center, and Good Samaritan Hospital.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Palmyra Health and Rehabilitation Center, Lebanon Valley Brethren Home, and Traditions of Hershey.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 172 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 71 golf courses in or around the city, including Hotel Hershey Golf Course, East Course at Hershey Country Club, and Spring Creek Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Hershey Gardens, Union Canal Tunnel Park, and PA Dutch Country RV Resort.
- There are 164 churches in or near the city, including Palm Lutheran Church, Church of the Holy Spirit, and Church of the Brethren.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 85 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 68 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,736, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,800, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,379, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $52,140 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,683 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,381 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.10%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lebanon receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Lebanon has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Lebanon has an average population density of 670.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lebanon have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Lebanon has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.04%.