Senior Living in Ledyard, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Ledyard, CT: 06339
- Ledyard scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Ledyard scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lawrence & Memorial Hospital, William W Backus Hospital, and Westerly Hospital.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pendleton Health and Rehabilitation Center, Avalon Health Care Center at Stoneridge, and Mystic Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 201 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including The North Course at Goodwin Golf Course, Pequot Golf Club, and Stonington Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Strawberry Park Resort Campground, Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park, and Connecticut College Arboretum.
- There are 112 churches in or near the city, including Gallup Hill Baptist Church, Ledyard Congregational Church, and Tree of Life Ministries Inc.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 95 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 77 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $93,404, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $79,258, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,503, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.15%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ledyard receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ledyard has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Ledyard has a sparse population density of 308.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ledyard have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Ledyard has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.51%.