Senior Living in Leechburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Leechburg, PA: 15656
- Leechburg scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Leechburg scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Alle Kiski Medical Center).
- There are 33 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pleasant Ridge Mature Living, Ross Memory Meadows, and Platinum Ridge Center For Rehab and Healing.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 114 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 99 golf courses in or around the city, including Vandergrift Golf Club, Brackenridge Heights Country Club, and Cabin Greens Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Harrison Hills Park, Todd Nature Reserve, and Mountain Top Campground.
- There are 91 churches in or near the city, including Allegheny Presbyterian Church, Our Lady Queen of Peace, and St Gertrude\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 59 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,753, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,037, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,961, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.56%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Leechburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Leechburg has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Leechburg has a sparse population density of 273.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Leechburg have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Leechburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.41%.