Senior Living in Leeds, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Leeds, MA: 01053
- Leeds scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Leeds scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Veterans Affairs Med Center, Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,the, and Holyoke Medical Center.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Elder Care Access, Linda Manor Assisted Living, and Linda Manor Extended Care Facility.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (45% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Northampton Country Club, Pine Grove Golf Course, and Beaver Brook Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Look Memorial Park, The Botanic Garden of Smith College, and Mount Tom State Reservation.
- There are 46 churches in or near the city, including College Church, Christ United Methodist Church, and Florence Congregational Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 86 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $87,105, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $69,435, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,175, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.83%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Leeds receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Leeds has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Leeds has a sparse population density of 328.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Leeds have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Leeds has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.90%.