Senior Living in Leesburg, Virginia
- Leesburg scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- Leesburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Graydon Manor, Inova Loudoun Hospital, and Piedmont Behavioral Hlth Ctr.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunrise of Leesburg, Inova Loudoun Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Heritage Hall - Leesburg.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 163 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 88 golf courses in or around the city, including Goose Creek Golf Club, Westpark Golf Club, and Lansdowne Resort.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Ida Lee Park, Morven Park, and Leesburg Animal Park.
- There are 79 churches in or near the city, including Destiny Church, First Mt Olive Baptist Church, and Church of the Nazarene.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 83 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 33 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $137,164, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $113,728, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $46,454, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.17%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Leesburg receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Leesburg has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Leesburg has an average population density of 625.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Leesburg have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Leesburg has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.36%.