Senior Living in Leesport, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Leesport, PA: 19533
- Leesport scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Leesport scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph Medical Center, Surgical Institute Of Reading, and St Joseph Medical Center.
- There are 40 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Berks Leisure Living, Berks Heim Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Reading Health Rehabilitation Hospital Transitional Sub-Acute Unit.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 211 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 74 golf courses in or around the city, including Willow Hollow Golf Course, Perry Golf Course, and Galen Hall Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Berks County Park, Appalachian RV Campground, and Mountain Springs Camping Resort.
- There are 158 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Gernant\'s Church, Epler\'s United Church-Christ, and Bern Reformed United Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 168 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 89 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,347, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,194, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,934, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.64%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Leesport receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Leesport has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Leesport has a sparse population density of 429.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Leesport have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Leesport has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.92%.