Senior Living in Leisenring, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Leisenring, PA: 15455
- Leisenring scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Leisenring scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Highlands Hospital and Uniontown Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Conner\'s Personal Care Home, Sunshine Estate Personal Care Home, and Specht Private Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 86 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 63 golf courses in or around the city, including Pleasant Valley Country Club, Linden Hall Golf Course, and Wyndon Links.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Hazelbaker Recreational Services, Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort, and Kentuck Campground.
- There are 63 churches in or near the city, including St Vincent De Paul Church, St Aloysius Rc Church, and Church of Christ of Vanderbilt.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 58 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 37 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $19,762, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $9,977, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $8,700, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 34.32%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Leisenring receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Leisenring has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Leisenring has an average population density of 741.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Leisenring have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Leisenring has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 74.19%.