Senior Living in Lemoyne, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Lemoyne, PA: 17043
- Lemoyne scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Lemoyne scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Pinnaclehealth System, Holy Spirit Hospital, and State Corr Inst At Camp Hill.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Essex House, ManorCare Health Services-Camp Hill, and Golden LivingCenter - Camp Hill.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 303 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including West Shore Country Club, Riverview Golf Club, and Dauphin Highlands Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Reservoir Park, Fort Hunter, and Boyd Big Tree Conservation Area State Park.
- There are 426 churches in or near the city, including Calvary United Methodist Chr, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran, and First Christian Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 150 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 105 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,829, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,585, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,757, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.65%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lemoyne receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Lemoyne has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Lemoyne has a dense population density of 2,947.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lemoyne have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Lemoyne has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.95%.