Senior Living in Leola, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Leola, PA: 17540
- Leola scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Leola scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ephrata Community Hospital, Community Hosp Of Lancaster, and Lancaster General Hospital.
- There are 54 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fairmount Homes, Maple Farm, and Landis Homes.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 218 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 69 golf courses in or around the city, including Willow Valley Golf Course, Lancaster Host Golf Resort, and Meadia Heights Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Old Mill Stream Campground, Lancaster County Central Park, and Longs Park.
- There are 237 churches in or near the city, including Zion Lutheran Church, Leola Hmong Alliance Church, and Conestoga Church-the Brethren.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 190 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 84 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,007, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,741, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,399, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.39%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Leola receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Leola has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Leola has an average population density of 500.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Leola have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Leola has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 73.64%.