Senior Living in Leominster, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Leominster, MA: 01453
- Leominster scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Leominster scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Healthalliance Hospitals, Inc, Clinton Hospital Association, and Nashoba Valley Medical Center.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Life Care Center of Leominster, Village Residential Care Facility, and Sunrise of Leominster.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 141 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 96 golf courses in or around the city, including Monoosnock Country Club, Grand View Country Club, and Maplewood Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Doyle Field, Doyle Conservation Area, and Leominster State Forest.
- There are 61 churches in or near the city, including St Ann\'s Parish Church, St Leo\'s Parish, and Holy Family Rectory.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 75 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 65 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,880, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,899, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,419, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.78%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Leominster receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Leominster has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Leominster has an average population density of 1,436.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Leominster have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Leominster has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.19%.