Senior Living in Lewes, Delaware
Top zip codes in Lewes, DE: 19958
- Lewes scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- Lewes scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Beebe Medical Center).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cadbury at Lewes, Harbor Healthcare and Rehabilitation, and Cadia Rehabilitation Renaissance.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (49% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Midway Par 3 Golf Course, Kings Creek Country Club, and Pitch-n-Putt Course at Golf Park at Rehoboth Beach.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Cape Henlopen State Park, Homestead Campground, and Indian River Life-Saving Station Museum and Gift Shop.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church of Lewes, Bethel United Methodist Church, and Midway Assembly of God Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 40 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.19% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Delaware has an average state income tax of 4.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,631, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,505, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,679, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.97%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lewes receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Lewes has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Lewes has a sparse population density of 400.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lewes have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Lewes has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.83%.