Senior Living in Lewiston, Idaho
Top zip codes in Lewiston, ID: 83501
- Lewiston scores higher than the Idaho average of 64.
- Lewiston scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Joseph Regional Medical Center).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Living Spring Residential Care, Unique Senior Care Assisted Living, and Prestige Care and Rehabilitation - The Orchards.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 4 golf courses in or around the city, including Bryden Canyon Public Golf Course, Lewiston Golf & Country Club, and Clarkston Golf & Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Craig Mountain Wildlife Management Area, Black Pine Campground, and Chief Looking Glass Park.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Church of Christ, Our Lady of Lourdes Church, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are no grocery stores within city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.61% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.92% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Idaho has an average state income tax of 5.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,387, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,430, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,814, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,100 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $86,961 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $31,200 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,331 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.40%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lewiston receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Lewiston has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Lewiston has a sparse population density of 126.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lewiston have a very short daily commute time.
- Lewiston has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.21%.