Senior Living in Liberty, New York
Top zip codes in Liberty, NY: 12754
- Liberty scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Liberty scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Catskill Regional Medical Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Achieve Rehab and Nursing Facility, Sullivan County Adult Care Center, and Catskill Regional Medical Center S N F.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Big G Course at Grossinger Country Club, Sullivan County Golf & Country Club, and Grossinger Resort -Lake/Vista.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park, Stone Arch Bridge Historical Park, and Mongaup Pond Campground.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Mikveh Taharas Y, United Methodist Church of Liberty, and Methodist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 43 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,064, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,769, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,250, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.03%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Liberty receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Liberty has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Liberty has a sparse population density of 271.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Liberty have an average daily commute time.
- Liberty has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.53%.