Senior Living in Limestone, New York
Top zip codes in Limestone, NY: 14753
- Limestone scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Limestone scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Bradford Regional Medical Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bradford Ecumenical Home, The Pavilion at BRMC, and Bradford Manor.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including St. Bonaventure Golf Course, Elkdale Country Club, and Birch Run Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Allegany State Park, Rock City Park, and Oak Hill Park.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Abundant Life Assembly of God Church, Gates Herbert G, and Graham Rp.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.11% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $43,693, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,813, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,626, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.28%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Limestone receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Limestone has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Limestone has a very sparse population density of 21.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Limestone have a short daily commute time.
- Limestone has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.37%.