Senior Living in Lisbon, Maine
Top zip codes in Lisbon, ME: 04250
- Lisbon scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Lisbon scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Central Maine Medical Center, St Marys Regional Medical Center, and Mid Coast Hospital.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lamp Alzheimers Residential Care, Marshwood Center, and Continuum Health Services.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 143 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Apple Valley Golf Course, Martindale Country Club, and Prospect Hill Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Beaver Park, Freeport / Durham KOA, and Blueberry Pond Campground.
- There are 85 churches in or near the city, including Open Door Bible Church, Church of Living Word, and Lisbon United Methodist Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 48 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 35 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,894, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,274, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,486, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $100,375 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,080 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.37%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lisbon receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Lisbon has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Lisbon has a sparse population density of 354.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lisbon have a short daily commute time.
- Lisbon has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.22%.