Senior Living in Little Genesee, New York
Top zip codes in Little Genesee, NY: 14754
- Little Genesee scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Little Genesee scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Olean General Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aspen Tower, The Pines Healthcare and Rehab Center - Olean Campus, and Eden Heights.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Evergreen Golf Course, Bartlett Country Club, and Castle Inn Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Riverhurst Park Campground and Breezy Point Campground).
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Bethel Lutheran Church, Headley Randall W, and Allen W Lee.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,310, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,806, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,617, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.47%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Little Genesee receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Little Genesee has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Little Genesee has a very sparse population density of 40.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Little Genesee have an average daily commute time.
- Little Genesee has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.97%.