Senior Living in Littlestown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Littlestown, PA: 17340
- Littlestown scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Littlestown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Hanover Hospital and Gettysburg Hospital).
- There are 36 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Tri State Moving Solutions, Homewood at Plum Creek, and Homewood Retirement Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 76 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 52 golf courses in or around the city, including Quail Valley Golf Course, Flatbush Golf Course, and North/South Course at South Hills Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Drummer Boy Camping Resort, Round Top Campground, and Artillery Ridge.
- There are 51 churches in or near the city, including Bethel Assembly of God, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and Taneytown Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 51 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 38 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,010, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,911, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,618, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,760 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,220 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.93%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Littlestown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Littlestown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Littlestown has a sparse population density of 281.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Littlestown have a very long daily commute time.
- Littlestown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.00%.