Senior Living in Littleton, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Littleton, NH: 03561
- Littleton scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Littleton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Littleton Regional Hospital, Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital, and Northeastern Vermont Reg Hosp.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gilpin Residence, North Country Manor, and Cook Community Residence.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Sunset Hill Golf Course, Lisbon Village Country Club, and St. Johnsbury Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Crazy Horse Campground, Littleton / Lisbon KOA, and Apple Hill Campground.
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including St Rose of Lima Church, Christ Church, and Light of Christ Fellowship.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.72% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,575, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,396, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,785, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.64%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Littleton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Littleton has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Littleton has a sparse population density of 116.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Littleton have a short daily commute time.
- Littleton has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.86%.