Senior Living in Liverpool, New York
- Liverpool scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Liverpool scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph\'s Hospital Health Center, Four Winds Syracuse, and Syracuse Va Medical Center.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Liverpool, Elderwood at Liverpool, and Buckley Landing.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 269 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 73 golf courses in or around the city, including Ajemians Liverpool Golf & Public Country Club, Popes\' Grove Golf Course, and Brooklawn Golf Course.
- There are 21 parks near the city center, including Onondaga Lake County Park, Long Branch Park, and Skä•noñh Great Law of Peace Center.
- There are 169 churches in or near the city, including Christ the King Church, Northside Baptist Church, and St John\'s Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 214 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 105 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,833, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,240, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,245, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.89%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Liverpool receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Liverpool has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Liverpool has a dense population density of 2,392.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Liverpool have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Liverpool has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.41%.