Senior Living in Livingston, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Livingston, NJ: 07039
- Livingston scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Livingston scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 33 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Atlantic Health System, and Kessler Institute For Rehab.
- There are 181 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living, Care One at Livingston, and CareOne at Livingston .
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1582 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 146 golf courses in or around the city, including Cedar Hill Golf & Country Club, Essex Fells Country Club, and Fernwood Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Becker Park, South Mountain Reservation, and Grover Cleveland Park.
- There are 731 churches in or near the city, including Temple Beth Shalom, St Raphael\'s Church, and Temple B\'Nai Abraham.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 947 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 36 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 399 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $186,820, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $133,143, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $63,166, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.63%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Livingston receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Livingston has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Livingston has a dense population density of 2,126.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Livingston have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Livingston has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.94%.