Senior Living in Lizella, Georgia
Top zip codes in Lizella, GA: 31052
- Lizella scores higher than the Georgia average of 72.
- Lizella scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Coliseum Northside Hospital and Healthsouth Cent Ga Rehab Hosp).
- There are 32 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Morningside of Macon, Baptist Village Plantation Suites, and The Oaks - Peake.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 103 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Barrington Hall Golf Club, Golf Club of Macon, and Idle Hour Golf & Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Arrowhead Park, Sandy Beach Park, and Claystone Park.
- There are 95 churches in or near the city, including Lizella Baptist Church, Lizella United Methodist Chr, and Houston Ave Christian Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 47 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,241, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,703, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,281, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,840 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,820 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $37,180 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.98%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lizella receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Lizella has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Lizella has a sparse population density of 123.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lizella have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Lizella has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.95%.