Senior Living in Loch Sheldrake, New York
Top zip codes in Loch Sheldrake, NY: 12759
- Loch Sheldrake scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Loch Sheldrake scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Catskill Regional Medical Center, Ellenville Regional Hospital, and Ellenville Community Hospital.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sullivan County Adult Care Center, Achieve Rehab and Nursing Facility, and Catskill Regional Medical Center S N F.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Lochmor Golf Course, Sullivan County Golf & Country Club, and Big G Course at Grossinger Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park, Hilltop Farm Campsites, and Holiday Mountain Ski Area.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Methodist Church, United Methodist Church of Liberty, and Mikveh Taharas Y.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 43 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $41,928, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,019, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $14,611, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 31.38%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Loch Sheldrake receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Loch Sheldrake has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Loch Sheldrake has a sparse population density of 266.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Loch Sheldrake have a short daily commute time.
- Loch Sheldrake has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.15%.