Senior Living in Locke, New York
Top zip codes in Locke, NY: 13092
- Locke scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Locke scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Northwoods Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, Groton Community Health Care Center R C F, and El Dorado Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Fillmore Golf Club, Stonehedges Golf Club, and Elm Tree Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Fillmore Glen State Park, Empire Haven Nudist Park, and Lime Hollow Center for Environment and Culture.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Groton Assembly of God and Christ United Methodist Church).
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.48% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.59% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,506, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,821, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,781, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.23%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Locke receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Locke has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Locke has a very sparse population density of 53.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Locke have a short daily commute time.
- Locke has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.37%.