Senior Living in Lockport, New York
Top zip codes in Lockport, NY: 14094
- Lockport scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Lockport scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Eastern Niagara Hospital, Inter-community Mem Hospital, and De Graff Memorial Hospital.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lockport Presbyterian Home, Pinegrove Estates, and Lockport Housing Authority.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 81 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Lockport Town & Country Club, Oak Run Golf Club, and Niagara County Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Niagara County Camping Resort and Niagara\'s Lazy Lakes Camping Resort).
- There are 74 churches in or near the city, including St John the Baptist Rc Church, First Baptist Church, and St Joseph\'s Catholic Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 47 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.15% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,206, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,095, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,984, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.39%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lockport receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Lockport has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Lockport has a sparse population density of 415.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lockport have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Lockport has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.88%.