Senior Living in Lodi, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Lodi, NJ: 07644
- Lodi scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Lodi scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 75 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hackensack University Medical Center, St Mary\'s Hospital, Passaic, and Beth Israel Hospital.
- There are 314 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alaris Health at The Chateau, Regent Care Center, and Maywood Center For Health and Rehabilitation.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4112 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 210 golf courses in or around the city, including Overpeck County Golf Course, The East/West Course at Upper Montclair Country Club, and Arcola Country Club.
- There are 37 parks near the city center, including Van Saun County Park, Overpeck County Park, and Fort Lee Historic Park.
- There are 1319 churches in or near the city, including St Francis De Sales Church, Gilmore E, and St Joseph\'s Rc Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2567 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 224 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 1107 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.29% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,741, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,565, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,076, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.55%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lodi receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Lodi has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Lodi has a very dense population density of 10,581.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lodi have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Lodi has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.89%.