Senior Living in Logan, Ohio
Top zip codes in Logan, OH: 43138
- Logan scores significantly lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Logan scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hocking Valley Community Hospital, Hocking Valley Comm Hospital, and Doctors Hospital Of Nelsonville.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Logan Health Care, Arcadia Acres Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Seesholtz Homes.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Brass Ring Golf Club, Windy Hills Golf Course, and Hide-A-Way Hills Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Hocking Hills Canoe Livery, Lake Logan State Park, and Logan / Hocking Hills KOA.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Frazier Frank J, First Church of Christ, and St Joseph Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,516, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,728, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,043, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.64%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Logan receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Logan has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Logan has a sparse population density of 104.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Logan have a long daily commute time.
- Logan has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.57%.