Senior Living in Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Longmeadow, MA: 01106
- Longmeadow scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Longmeadow scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Park View Specialty Hospital, Mercy Medical Center, and Shriners Hospitals For Child.
- There are 81 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including East Village Place, East Longmeadow Skilled Nursing Center, and CareOne at Redstone.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 286 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 88 golf courses in or around the city, including Twin Hills Country Club, Longmeadow Country Club, and Pine Knoll Executive Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Springfield Armory, Chicopee Memorial State Park, and Holyoke Heritage State Park.
- There are 173 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Catholic Church, B\'Nai Jacob Congregation, and St Andrew\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 238 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 101 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $136,040, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $96,913, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $50,018, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.84%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Longmeadow receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Longmeadow has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Longmeadow has a dense population density of 1,722.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Longmeadow have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Longmeadow has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.13%.