Senior Living in Loretto, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Loretto, PA: 15940
- Loretto scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Loretto scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Altoona Regional Health System, Altoona Center, and Miners Medical Center.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cambria Care Center, Rebekah Manor Personal Care Facilities, and Johnstown Housing Authority.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 92 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (15% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Ebensburg Country Club, Immergrun Golf Club, and Summit Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Horse Shoe Curve Park, Woodland Park, and Prince Gallitzin State Park.
- There are 51 churches in or near the city, including St Michael\'s Church, St Monica Church, and St Francis Xavier Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 34 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,287, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,844, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $13,470, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.17%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Loretto receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Loretto has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Loretto has a sparse population density of 150.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Loretto have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Loretto has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.28%.