Senior Living in Lothian, Maryland
Top zip codes in Lothian, MD: 20711
- Lothian scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Lothian scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 85 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Nu-concept Home Finding, Nu Concept Home Finding, and Country Home Ltd.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 139 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Old South Country Club, Twin Shields Golf Club, and Marlton Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Adventure Bound Camping Resorts - Washington DC, Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary, and South Bowie Community Center.
- There are 148 churches in or near the city, including St James Parish, Mt Zion United Methodist Chr, and Faith Assembly of God.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 34 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $93,969, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $77,739, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,085, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.09%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lothian receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Lothian has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Lothian has a sparse population density of 195.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lothian have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Lothian has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.43%.