Senior Living in Louisville, Kentucky
- Louisville scores higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Louisville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 20 hospitals within close range of the city, including Caritas Peace Center, Kindred Hospital-louisville, and Norton Audubon Hospital.
- There are 103 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Nazareth Home, Little Sisters of The Poor - St Joseph\'s Home, and Highlands Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 694 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 60 golf courses in or around the city, including Big Spring Country Club, Bellarmine College Golf Course, and Cherokee Golf Course.
- There are 31 parks near the city center, including Beargrass Creek State Nature Preserve, Cherokee Park, and Whitehall.
- There are 432 churches in or near the city, including Deer Park Baptist Church, Seventh-Day Adventist Church, and Bethany Baptist Church.
- There are 46 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 335 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 20 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 134 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.18% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,008, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,549, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,999, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,990 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,958 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.88%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Louisville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Louisville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Louisville has a dense population density of 3,042.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Louisville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Louisville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.27%.