Senior Living in Lowellville, Ohio
Top zip codes in Lowellville, OH: 44436
- Lowellville scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Lowellville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bhc Belmont Pines Hospital, St Elizabeth Boardman Health Center, and Surgical Hospital At Southwoods.
- There are 74 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Danridges Burgundi Manor, Maplecrest Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Care, and The Blackburn Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 274 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 91 golf courses in or around the city, including Countryside Golf Course, Steffens Bedford Trails Public Golf Course, and Fonderlac Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Bob Cene Park, Youngstown Park & Recreation, and Boardman Park.
- There are 162 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of the Holy Rosary, St Rose of Lima Church, and Fitch Owen D.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 126 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 73 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.79% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,462, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,706, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,152, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,929 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.44%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lowellville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Lowellville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Lowellville has a sparse population density of 165.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lowellville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Lowellville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.53%.