Senior Living in Ludlow, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Ludlow, MA: 01056
- Ludlow scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Ludlow scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of Ma, Mercy Medical Center, and Shriners Hospitals For Child.
- There are 68 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Emmett Rooney Congregate, Keystone Commons, and Orchard Valley at Wilbraham.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 250 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 72 golf courses in or around the city, including Ludlow Country Club, Country Club of Wilbraham, and Veterans Memorial Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Chicopee Memorial State Park, Camp Ramah in New England, and Holyoke Heritage State Park.
- There are 154 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Fatima, St John Baptist Rectory, and St Mary\'s Rectory.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 207 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 97 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,532, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,694, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,644, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.75%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ludlow receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ludlow has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Ludlow has an average population density of 775.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ludlow have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Ludlow has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.18%.