Senior Living in Lunenburg, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Lunenburg, MA: 01462
- Lunenburg scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Lunenburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Healthalliance Hospitals, Inc, Nashoba Valley Medical Center, and Clinton Hospital Association.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Benchmark Senior Living at Leominster Crossings, Keystone Center, and Village Residential Care Facility.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 125 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 101 golf courses in or around the city, including Maplewood Golf Course, Oak Hill Country Club, and Monoosnock Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Doyle Conservation Area, Doyle Field, and Pearl Hill State Park.
- There are 60 churches in or near the city, including Lunenburg United Parish House, United Church of Shirley, and St Anthony of Padua Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 71 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 59 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $94,550, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $83,265, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,868, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.09%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lunenburg receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Lunenburg has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Lunenburg has a sparse population density of 381.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lunenburg have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Lunenburg has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.47%.