Senior Living in Lykens, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Lykens, PA: 17048
- Lykens scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Lykens scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kepler Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, Heritage Mill Personal Care Home , and Manor at Susquehanna Village.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Harrisburg North Public Golf, Monroe Valley Golf Course, and Manada Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Martz\'s Gap View Hunting Preserve and Lake Tobias Wildlife Park).
- There are 47 churches in or near the city, including Emmanuel Wesleyan Church, Simeon United Lutheran Church, and St Peter\'s United Chr-Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.48% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,668, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,193, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,911, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.72%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lykens receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Lykens has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Lykens has a sparse population density of 116.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lykens have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Lykens has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.38%.