Senior Living in Lynn, Massachusetts
- Lynn scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Lynn scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 27 hospitals within close range of the city, including Union Hospital, Shaughnessy-kaplan Rehab Hosp, and North Shore Medical Center.
- There are 183 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Phillips Manor Nursing Home, Baker Manor Rest Home, and Life Care Center of The North Shore.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 970 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 135 golf courses in or around the city, including Larry Gannon Municipal Golf Course, Cedar Glen Golf Club, and Kelley Greens Golf Course.
- There are 26 parks near the city center, including Lynn Woods, Breakheart Reservation, and Salem Maritime National Historic Site.
- There are 462 churches in or near the city, including Congregation Ahabat Sholom, St Stephens Episcopal Church, and Holy Family Catholic Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 602 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 41 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 403 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,426, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,121, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,071, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.95%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lynn receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Lynn has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Lynn has a very dense population density of 9,178.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lynn have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Lynn has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.35%.