Senior Living in Lynnwood, Washington
- Lynnwood scores higher than the Washington average of 68.
- Lynnwood scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Swedish Edmonds Hospital, Northwest Hospital, and Kindred Hospital Seattle.
- There are 376 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Blue Hope AFH, Maple Road Adult Family Home, and A Beautiful Living IV.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 564 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Lynnwood Municipal Golf Course, Nile Shrine Golf Course, and Ballinger Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Scriber Lake Park, Tails-A-Waggin\' Dog & Cat Inn, and Tambark Creek Park.
- There are 221 churches in or near the city, including St Thomas More School, First Baptist Chr-Martha Lake, and Lynnwood Church-the Nazarene.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 335 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 136 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.72% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.89% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,866, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,154, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,424, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.74%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lynnwood receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Lynnwood has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Lynnwood has a dense population density of 4,589.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lynnwood have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Lynnwood has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.23%.